Sunday 5 June 2011

Sunday Blues - Do You Have It?


Today we talk about Sunday Blues. Those feelings that comes regularly or once in a while (for the more fortunate ones).
We all hate it if others get it. And we like to nurture it when we have it. So, I dedicate this commonsense post to depression.
How to handle someone that is depressed.
Goodness, what a question. This should be answered by a psychologist specializing in depression… But there are a few tips for us normal people:
Don’t be angry at people that are depressed. It’s like being angry at someone for being sick. It is not going to make them get better faster.
Offer to make them some tea or coffee. These two are universal cures for depression.
Always assure them that you are here and its ok for them to feel depressed for whatever reason, you may not support their reason, but you still love them and care for them.
How to help myself if I am depressed.
Make yourself a cup of coffee (or tea if you do not drink coffee).
Do something with your hands. (Clean, bake, draw, built, it does not matter). Stay busy with neutral things. Don’t drink too much alcohol. If you did and feel worse, drink more tea.
Walk or exercise. Listen to variety music.
I know it is difficult, but you have to consciously avoid negative thinking.
Remember, the reasons you feel depressed will not be solved while feeling depressed. Your problem solving skills shut down when depressed. Forget about what you “think” makes you depressed until you feel better. Then the solution may be simpler than you think.

Janneman


She Says:

I remember when I was 13 and just started at boarding school, I LOATHED Sunday.

Sunday used to be my favorite day. My grandmother will cook my favorite dish. My grandfather will buy me new book to read. And I've got my friends to play with me all day long. When I was sent to boarding school, everything ended. I was surrounded by people that was also having Sunday Blue like me. Some were really having bad homesick. At least, I was pretty good in controlling my emotion.

As a kid, you are very straight forward with your emotion. if you don't like something, you change. If you hurt, you cry, if you happy, you enjoy it. So, what make adults so difficult? We like to drift in our emotion, especially the bad one. We holding on to every single detail that making us blue in the first place. Is that making us feel better? No! People say, the only person that stopping you from feeling happy, is yourself. Why holding on to something that making you depress, CHANGE it!

Some Sunday, I feel blue myself but when I look at my partner, my kids, Sunday is the only day I am with them the whole day. Am I going to ruin it just because I want to "entertain" myself blue? Time fly so fast without we knowing it, don't fill it with feeling blue over something you can't change. Cherish it with laughter and memories. You get over the Sunday Blues in no time! Trust me, I know.

Pixie Signing Out!

This is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into some
Someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again
-Regina Spektor : On the Radio-

No comments:

Post a Comment